“Have no fear of mov­ing in­to the un­known. Simply step out fear­less­ly, know­ing that I am with you, there­fore no harm can be­fall you; all is very very well. Do this in com­plete faith and con­fi­dence.” - Pope John Paul II

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

10 months...

Mis queridos,
I can't believe it has been 10 months since I left my dad's house with Beth for our epic roadtrip before coming to Peru. This reality hit me as I am getting ready to share this beautiful country with my dad, stepmom, and little brother later this week. I could write about all of the things I have missed back home in the last 10 months, but that would be a little pessimistic. I could also fill you all in on the things that I have learned in Peru in the last 10 months, but that post would be extremely long. Instead, I just want to ask you all for your prayers for my family, their flight, and their time here in Peru. I am super excited to see them. It has been 10 months since I hugged my little brother or played games with my family. Things that I didnt realize until I actually sat down and thought about the fact I will be able to hug my little brother in a matter of days, I will be able to actually hear my dad's voice without the internet connection cutting out, I will be able to cook a meal with my stepmom, all things I am looking forward too. This trip is definitely a blessing for me and is much needed at this point in my mission. I can´t wait for my family to meet Elvira or Sra. Victoria. I am excited to share this culture which I have slowly adapted as my own over the last 10 months, the colors, the dances, the food, the history. I hope I will have the opportunity to post shortly after their visit.

Cuidense mucho,
Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment