“Have no fear of mov­ing in­to the un­known. Simply step out fear­less­ly, know­ing that I am with you, there­fore no harm can be­fall you; all is very very well. Do this in com­plete faith and con­fi­dence.” - Pope John Paul II

Monday, November 5, 2012

Something Beautiful

Yesterday, one of the most beautiful things, post-mission, took place. It was quite simple, really. I woke up and went to Mass at 8. I was hoping to either run into my grandpa or two of the people that sponsored me, Marv and Bette. Entering the church, I did not see my grandpa so I looked to where Marv and Bette are normally sitting and, sure enough, I found them! I went up to their pew, and surprised them both with a hug.

We sat together during Mass and afterwards, they invited me (and my mom) to breakfast, but first they needed to take communion to a sick man and asked if I would go along. WOULD I EVER?!? I was so excited to be there to witness Mr. Ryan receive communion and to see the friendship between Marv, Bette, and Mr. Ryan.

You might be asking why it was so beautiful to me. For me, it was the first example outside of a Heart's Home where I saw God's love radiate in its simplicity. To go along on this visit and simply talk to Mr. Ryan and to see the way that Marv and Bette interacted with him reminded me so much of a "typical day" in Peru. It showed me that, despite being told over and over by various Heart's Homes priests, sisters, lay consecrated, it is possible, and seemingly quite easy, to live this charism in my every day life. It was a simple, and very necessary, reinforcement.

Have a blessed Monday all!

No comments:

Post a Comment